Using tools and our experiance we produce an easy to read and action marketing review for your company.
There are three customer sets you need to think about and talk to when communicating online.
- Customers who are currently active and buying from you.
- Customers who know of you but are not currently buying from you
- Customers that don’t know you exist
Bear in mind these three customer sets when communicating online. Here are the three customer sets are broken down with some times of what to say.
We are writing this…
Nearly three in ten consumers who use site search report buying a product or service from a different business than they intended because they couldn’t find the information they were looking for online.
LONDON, 16th June, 2021 – Yext, Inc. (NYSE: YEXT), the AI Search company, has today released research that shows a serious failure by businesses in communicating accurate and up to date information with consumers.
Particularly during the pandemic, digital services have been vital to connecting consumers with brands online. Recent online research conducted by YouGov on behalf of Yext found that 58% of UK adults use site search at least weekly, and that 88% of respondents using site search agree it is an important tool in providing them with accurate and up to date information online.
Yet despite the importance of site search for consumers, Yext’s research found that over half (56%) of UK adults using this tool believe that site search provides them with unrelated search results online.
For many consumers, site search does not fulfil its aim of providing answers, with the research showing that 46% of users believe site search does not understand their questions. And another 35% believing that site search provides them with out of date or inaccurate information.
With this level of competency and accuracy, it is no wonder that 38% of UK users become frustrated when using site search at least once a week.
“The pandemic has proven that now more than ever, the availability of up to date and accurate information online is vital in not only making the public feel safe, but in being able to engage with new and existing customers, no matter where they are in their customer journey.” said Jon Buss, Managing Director, EMEA at Yext.
“Yet site search has been taken for granted for far too long. Businesses need to wake up to the damage that outdated search tools are doing to their brand and bring it into the 21stCentury.”
What are businesses doing about this? Clearly not a lot, with 40% of UK users saying that businesses aren’t doing enough to improve their site search.
For businesses, this has detrimental effects on customer loyalty and ultimately sales, with 64% of respondents using site search saying they would be more likely to buy from a business that provided direct answers to their questions via site search. 52% also agreed they would also be more likely to trust a business if they provided direct answers.
Outdated site search isn’t just failing customers but failing businesses. When customers can’t get the information they need online, they’ll simply go elsewhere.
In fact, 60% of UK adults who use site search functions would be more likely to go straight to a customer’s website if they provided direct answers, with 28% stating they have frequently bought a product or service from a different business than they intended, because they couldn’t find the information they were looking for online.
What Yext’s research shows is that while consumers see site search as a vital tool in their digital arsenal, businesses need to take a more modern approach to site search. One that will allow them to cater for a 21st century consumer and save their businesses from technology that belongs back in the 90s.
- 58% of UK adults online use site search at least weekly
- 88% of respondents using site search agree it is important in providing them with accurate and up to date information
- 64% of respondents who use site search would be more likely to buy from a business that provided direct answers to their questions
- 26% of UK adults who use this tool feel site search infrequently provides them with the results they’re looking for first time
- 38% of UK adults who use site search become frustrated at least once a week
- 28% of respondents who use site search have frequently bought a product or service from a different business than they intended because they couldn’t find the information they were looking for
- 56% of respondents surveyed believe site search provides them with unrelated search results
- 46% of respondents surveyed believe site search doesn’t understand their questions
- 35% of UK users believe site search provides out of date or inaccurate information
- 40% of respondents surveyed believe businesses aren’t doing enough to improve their site search
- 60% of respondents surveyed would be more likely to go straight to a customer’s website if they provided direct answers
- Industries such as retail (41%) and entertainment services (35%) were considered to have good site search
- Industries such as energy and utilities (24%), government services (24%) and Telecoms (19%) were considered to have poor site search
All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc. The total sample size was 2098 adults, of which 1703 use site search. Fieldwork was undertaken between 6th – 7th May 2021. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all UK adults (aged 18+).
We are proud to be and thoroughly enjoy being the social media management company for Victoria House Residential Home. On behalf of Victoria House, we communicate the updates and activities within the home with friends and family using the business Facebook page. A reflection of what is happening inside to the interested family and friends. The people reach has grown from a mere 140 people to 2096 people in August 2021.
The Company Background.
Victoria House Residential Home is a family run Residential Care Home providing Residential Care, Respite Care, Transitional Care and Dementia Care in Leeds.
A dedicated and experienced care team manage the home providing services such as Residential Care, Respite Care, Transitional Care and Dementia Care.
The Facebook page was set up for residents, staff and residents families to reflect the updates and events ongoing inside the home.
What We Do.
Zedcomms are Victoria House Residential Home social media management company. We receive photo, video and text information from the activities team via WhatsApp. Professionally posted onto the company Facebook page. We enhance the images and optimise the text for the best visitor experience.
An Example of Activity.
We have updated family and friends about the chicks hatching in the home, flowers received from families, birthday cakes and birthdays celebrations followed by videos of live entertainment. All reflected positively with good enhanced images. Even on holiday weekends, Zedcomms can post to Facebook updates that family and friends want to see and when they want to see – no need to wait for the following Monday.
The Facebook page has reached 2096 people in the last 28 days, double the previous 28 days. The engagement was up to 2377, up 165%. We are reflecting to Facebook the wonderful happenings within Victoria House and the family and friends really appreciate it..
Why We Must Have a Facebook Presence
Facebook is changing. Facebook and Instagram will continue to be a critical part of any marketing strategy for small businesses.
With a huge audience of 2.27 BILLION users of whom 75% log in daily, this is an audience online looking at content that interest.
If you sell anything at all you should have a credible and up to date Facebook page.
- 60% of consumers visit your Facebook page before visiting a brick and mortar location.
- 80% of consumers are more inclined to purchase from you if they find your company Facebook page credible and up to date.
- 62% of consumers say Facebook is the most useful social platform they use.
Changes Though Are Afoot
Facebook is getting so busy it will start filtering and reducing content served to its users – this includes your content and posts, reducing your free exposure. Therefore as a business owner, it is essential to have an active credible Facebook page. Alternatively, you will fall for the paid advertising model to keep up with the competition. (More about this later).
Algorithm Changes Will Reduce a Small business easy reach of prospective customers.
Simple brand pages with little content and engagement will experience a drop in numbers.
Facebook are to reduce the Newsfeed, 1500 posts could appear on average, this is expected to reduce to 300.
Be Savvier Tips
- Post 80% helpful information directed towards your customers and 20% sales content.
- Check and update your page as often as you can, respond to comments and messages timely.
- Post Efficiently, quick to the point – don’t spend hours making that perfect graphic.
- Look at Facebook Insights suggest the following optimised times to post.
- B2B 9 am and 2 pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- B2C Noon on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- In my experience, I find other optimum posting times when working with clients. For example; A Hobby store optimum post times are early evening at the weekend. A Furniture reupholstery company is popular at weekends and Sunday afternoons, especially when it’s cold outside.
Include A Mix Of Posts
URL posts are simple posts, Facebook pull-in an image from the linked page automatically. The benefit of a URL post is a click of the image takes the visitor to the linked page, its fast and easy sharing.
Add some # (hashtags), your own or Facebook will suggest some from your text content.
Get some #s. You can get #s you may never of thought of online.
Add your own corporate graphics. Make some graphics optimised for Facebook posts (correctly sized images get more exposure). These posts look great and promote your brand.
Add ALT Tags to your images to describe what the image is, this text information strongly influences Google search ranking.
Spread posts at least 15 minutes apart, this is a better experience for your page visitor and is less spammy. Use scheduling to help with this.
Zedcomms are your ‘Marketing Arm’ – We will be pleased to see how we can support the company growing and benefiting online.