Why We Must Have a Facebook Presence
Facebook is changing. Facebook and Instagram will continue to be a critical part of any marketing strategy for small business.
With a huge audience of 2.27 BILLION users of whom 75% log in daily, this is an audience online looking at content that interest.
If you sell anything at all you should have a credible and up to date Facebook page.
- 60% of consumers visit your Facebook page before visiting a brick and mortar location.
- 80% of consumers are more inclined to purchase from you if they find your company Facebook page credible and up to date.
- 62% of consumers say Facebook is the most useful social platform they use.
Changes Though Are Afoot
Facebook is getting so busy it will start filtering and reducing content served to its users – this includes your content and posts, reducing your free exposure. Therefore as a business owner, it is essential to have an active credible Facebook page. Alternatively, you will fall for the paid advertising model to keep up with the competition. (More about this later).
Algorithm Changes Will Reduce a Small business easy reach of prospective customers.
Simple brand pages with little content and engagement will experience a drop in numbers.
Facebook are to reduce the Newsfeed, 1500 posts could appear on average, this is expected to reduce to 300.
We Need To Be Savvier
- Post 80% helpful information directed towards your customers and 20% sales content.
- Check and update your page often as you can, respond to comments and messages timely.
- Post Efficiently
- Facebook Insights suggest the following optimised times to post.
- B2B 9 am and 2 pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- B2C Noon on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Saying that in my experience, I do find other optimum times when working with clients. For example; A Hobby store optimum post times are early evening at the weekend. A Furniture design company is popular at weekends and Sunday afternoons, especially when it’s cold outside.
Include A Mix Of Posts
URL posts are simple posts, Facebook pull-in an image from the linked page automatically. The benefit is a click of the image takes the visitor to the page, its fast and easy sharing.
Add some #, your own or Facebook will suggest some from your text content.
Get some #s. You can get #s you may never of thought of online.
Add your own corporate graphics. Make some graphics optimised for Facebook posts (correctly sized images get more exposure). These posts look great and promote your brand.
Add ALT Tags to your images to describe what the image is, this text information strongly infuances Google search ranking ;)
Spread posts by at least 15 minutes apart, this is a better experience for your page visitor and is less spammy. Use scheduling to help with this.
Zedcomms are the ‘Marketing Arm’ of more businesses than you may be aware of. We will be please to see how we can support your company growing and benefiting online.